Friday, February 8, 2008

Strange Week...

This week, I found out that an old friend of mine needs brain surgery. Statistically, the prognosis looks good; over 99% of patients make it through the surgery just fine and there seems to be no long term effects on either lifespan or functionality. Still, it's f*cking brain surgery.

The odd part is just my relationship with this person. We were very close for about 10 years, then had a major falling out (work, stress, mis-communications, outside relationships, etc.) so we haven't really talked much for the past two years. However, knowing what they're going through kinda puts things more into perspective and makes past disagreements seem pretty irrelevant. What's important is that this person played a significant role in my life, and I want them to be well and know that I'll be there in any way I can.

Outside of that bit of news, my week has been going pretty good. I started working out and signed up with a personal trainer, had a nice date on Wednesday, and had drinks with some Pepperdine classmates last night (and haven't laughed that hard in a long time!). This weekend is pretty open, but I've been thinking of surfing and/or skiing. I'm really happy that I'm enriching my life and pursuing the world outside of work. Now if only I could find a nice girlfriend....