Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great weekend...

This weekend totally rocked. Saturday I went surfing, but the IFC Spirit Awards were blocking my beach and the waves were ginormous, so I wasn't out long. Sunday morning I had a decent hike at Griffith in the rain. Sunday night was awesome though. I met some friends at a bar in Venice and ended up staying out til 4am. It was totally unexpected, but so much fun.

So now I'm back in my week. The new Goldfrapp album came out yesterday on iTunes. I only like a couple of tracks though; it's too down-tempo and lacks the sensuality of Black Cherry and the purity of Felt Mountain; too nostalgic for the seventies. On the other hand, the new Bird and the Bee EP is really great. So is the Sia song Little Black Sandals. For harder beats, I've been hooked by the new Moby song Alice (I know, just shut up and listen to it), The Best Revenge by Fischerspooner, The Nest by Sons & Daughters, and Bring It On Down by Goose. Happiness is a soundtrack for an animated life.

The weather is SoCal has been great these past few days. For lunch today I went to the farmer's market at the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica and picked up some fresh fruits, nuts, and artisan cheeses. I love walking in the warm, sweet air with the sun beating down and the ocean on the horizon. The oranges were amazing! Now if only I could find a good supply of salmon...

Tonight I had a date in Burbank. After sitting in traffic for an hour and a half, I remembered how draining it was to live out there. No wonder I was such a homebody while living in Burbank, I never had time to just unwind after work and enjoy life; I was busy sitting in my car. Hollywood isn't exactly close to my job, but man, it makes a huge difference. Working out, eating right, and taking up new hobbies has also helped a lot. I feel like I have much more energy now and get so much more out of life. I guess you just have to see beyond the lows and be patient for that better day.