Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sand and Ice...


I love panoramics. This weekend I went surfing and skiing. The surfing on Saturday was a lot harder than last weekend. There was a big morning tide, so the waves be brutal and breaking really close to shore. I was burying the nose of the board a lot, which flips you over and puts you through a salty spin cycle. It's a pain, but I've learned to just roll with it and wait it out. As the afternoon went on, the waves calmed down and I started to get some traction. I caught a couple of waves and got on my feet, but have yet to get fully up and balanced. Think I'll need a couple more weekends of practice : p
Skiing today was awesome! Big Bear got a heavy storm last weekend, so the snow was deep. I headed out at nine and got there at noon, but the snow was just right; no slush, no icy. The sun was blazing, so I spent most of the day in my t-shirt with my ipod cranked. I got about ten good runs in and got a bunch of pics and video. It looks like crap on YouTube, but you get the point.