Thursday, August 7, 2008

My July...


Alright, I haven’t written in forever and need to catch up. So for the 4th of July I went to Santa Barbara and the next week I went to SeaWorld. The week after, I saw Coldplay at the Forum (good show, crap venue) and went to my niece’s birthday party. It was an all day Chuck-E-Cheese extravaganza, so the kids had a great time. As for me, I was sick as hell and creeped out by the evil robots. Still, it was nice seeing my niece, meeting my brother’s new girlfriend, and riding around in his new BMW 335. On the 24th, I spent the entire day stuck in a bus on I-5 for a team event in Del Mar. Not fun. However, some nice meals at Gulfstream, Katsuya, and Katana more than made up for it. Last week was insane! I had a client dinner on Monday, spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night going out, then did the company picnic in Long Beach on Friday. Saturday was great though; nothing but beach. I went to Huntington, did some BBQ and body boarding, then ended the day surfing on some nice long sets. This week, I’ve just been taking it easy and getting back in the gym. I killed my iPod in the ocean a couple weeks back, so I swapped it out at the Apple store and am now ready to hit the waves this weekend.

So that’s what I’ve been up to. In the more general sense though, I’ve been a bit stressed lately. My contract with Google ends in September (has it been a year already?), so I have a lot of uncertainty about whether I can convert to a staff position. Once I get a bit more settled in my career though, I can start looking for a house. Fingers crossed!