Tuesday, June 10, 2008

iPod + surfing = fun

So this last weekend I got a new toy; an Otterbox waterproof iPod case. I wanted to see if I could take my iPod out while surfing, so this seemed to be the way to go. After giving it a quick test (by throwing my iPod in the pool) I headed out to the beach. The waves were pretty big and I spent most of the day eating saltwater, but my tunes held up; even underwater. The only weak point was my Sony earbuds, which vacillated between heavy bass and high treble. Guess I need to find a waterproof set. For now, it’s a workable combo that makes surfing even more fun.

This weekend I’ve got some big plans though. I’m taking a trip to Cancun with my friend. I can’t wait to go diving in some warm, clear water and drink beers on the beach at night. In August, I’ll be heading up to SF to see Radiohead at Golden Gate Park. This is going to be a great summer.