Sunday, April 13, 2008

What I've been up to...

The past two weeks have been crazy busy. Last weekend, I saw a couple of Pepperdine alumni on Friday, went surfing Saturday, and did the Brewery Art walk on Sunday. It was alright, but I wasn't seeing a lot of fresh work. I think the colony needs some new blood.

This week, my work held a conference in Newport Beach for a couple days. It was really great to spend time with the whole team and to relax after hours. Still, I feel a bit out of water in the OC since I grew up in a lower-middle class/upper-lower class family. Bentleys and 100ft. yachts just aren't the norm for me. Neither is modern subdivision architecture, but that's another matter.

This Saturday I went to the beach and got some nice surfing in, followed by lunch and a hike through the Temescal Canyon loop. Saturday night was Sinister and today was the Rose Bowl flea market. They had some cool period furniture, but I couldn't find an endearingly amateurish painting to hang on my walls.

Oh yeah, I'm also learning HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, and Flash. Slowly and fitfully, but learning.